Local Community Resources

Organizations Ready to Help You in the Brockville Area

Click on top left for list of resources near you – Click on top right to open in Google Maps

(see list above for local resources)

Ontario Works

Ontario Ombudsman

Occupational Health & Safety Act, Section 32: Ontario Gov’t harassment & violence policies in the workplace.

Distress Center:
(800) 465-4442
Will discuss health & well being, depression, self esteem, stress, abuse, loneliness, suicidal thoughts, drug & alcohol abuse, etc

Warm Line Services:
(800) 465-4442
Trained volunteer will phone client for medication reminder, suicide support, crisis support, lonely, check-in, short term support

Victim Services:
(613) 925-0155
Victim services are provided on a priority basis to the most vulnerable victims and witnesses of violent crime, such as domestic violence, child abuse, sexual assault, homicide and hate crime.

Leeds Grenville Child Care Fee Subsidy:
Case Manager Appointment
(613) 342-3840
800-267-8146 #2119
Subsidies are available for eligible families of children from infancy to 12 years of age where the parent(s) is/are employed or enrolled in an educational program. It only applies to contracted licensed child care settings.

Affordable Housing Programs/
Home Ownership Program
(613) 342-3840
(800) 267-8146 #240
Ontario Renovates program that financially assists low income homeowners by way of a forgivable loan to repair their home and/or increasing accessibility.
Home Ownership Program provides down payment assistance of up to 5 percent of the purchase price of a home to eligible homebuyers in the form of a 20-year forgivable, interest free loan.

Ontario Health Card – How to obtain one:
Service Ontario INFOline
Complete registration for Ontario Health Coverage form (go to http://forms.ssb.gov.on.ca to download) for each person.  Three original docs to prove identity, address/residency in Ontario, citizenship/immigration status.

Seniors Activities & Services Directory:
(800) 283-7936
Published semi-annually by EMC Specialty Publication
Activities/Business Directory A-Z of products and services. Features from hearing – dental-medical services and retirement facilities. Lists of phone numbers covering all areas from poison info to crisis intervention.

Leeds Grenville Child & Youth Wellness Centre – Making Play Possible:
(613) 498-4844 #3022
Wellness Centre works with children with mental health issues. However, the Making Play Possible program helps all children

Medical Assistance

Autism Support :
Contact Autism Ontario to find the local chapter and reach out the local chapter for local providers and possible government funding for IBI (Intensive Behavioural Intervention).
They can also help him/her look into respite services grants.
Find Facebook groups for the local area and reach out to the members – he/she should post as a father/mother seeking guidance.
Look up the Ontario Autism Coalition facebook page – they are a valuable resource.
Through local autism support groups he/she can apply for PC (President’s Choice) funding and special services at home. He/she will need a local service provider to draft a letter for her – it explains what support she needs and where the money will go.

Birthright Kingston:
93 Queen St, Kingston, ON K7K 1A5
(800) 550-4900
Marie Sardinha, Executive Director
Assisting expectant mothers

Trillium Drug Program:
The TDP helps people who have high prescription drug costs relative to their household income. It covers all drugs approved under the Ontario Drug Benefit (ODB) program.

Brockville General Hospital:
75 Charles Street, Brk., K6V 1S8
42 Garden Street, Brk., K6V 2C3
(613) 345-5645
Janet Stark, Spiritual Care Mgr.
Rev. Brenda Haggett

Brockville Mental Health Centre:
Box 1050, Brockville, ON K6V 5W7
Beth Smith
(613) 345-1461

Mental Health Crisis Line:
Brockville General Hospital 3rd Floor
(613) 345-4600

South Eastern Ontario Health Services:
On line access to health services in SE Ontario. Wide range of options plus news, events & career info as well as help finding health & support services.

Dental Care

Leeds & Grenville Dental Svcs/Oral Health-CINOT (Children in Need of Care):
CINOT is a provincially and municipally funded program for children in need of dental treatment. This program ensures that all Ontario children in urgent need of dental care will receive immediate treatment

Utility Assistance

HydroOne-LEAP (Low-income Energy Assistance Program):
Developed by Ontario Energy Board for emergency utility financial assistance.

New Ontario Electricity Support Program:
Up to $75.00/mon in electricity discount for low income families.

Legal Assistance

Landlord & Tenant Tribunal Board
Resolves issues between landlords and tenants.

Rental Eviction Information:
There are several sources of info regarding evictions. One good one is “Community Legal Education Ontario”. See it at: http://www.cleo.on.ca/en/publications/fightev/
If your landlord gives you notice: A person can be evicted if they receive written notice. The time limit is usually 14 days for non-payment of rent if the rent is paid monthly. That is, at least 14 days after receipt of the notice. However, it’s not a simple “kick-em-out” for the landlord.
Note the following:
What if you agree with the notice? If you agree that you owe the amount that the landlord is claiming, you should pay this amount by the termination date in this notice. If you do so, the landlord cannot apply to the Board to evict you based on this notice. If you do not pay the amount owing, you do not have to move out. However, the landlord can apply to the Board to evict you. If the landlord applies to the Board to evict you and the Board orders the eviction, you will likely have to pay the landlord’s filing fee, in addition to what you owe.
What if you disagree with the notice? You do not have to move out if you disagree with this notice. You could talk to your landlord. You may also want to get legal advice. If you cannot work things out, the landlord may apply to the Board for an order to evict you. The Board will schedule a hearing where you can explain why you disagree.
Eviction notification – 90 days if you have a lease and provided there is no shared accommodation such as a bathroom or kitchen.

Legal Aid Ontario:
(800) 668-8258


Community Resources Download (PDF)